CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Dickson Kids

The Dickson Kids

Monday, August 4, 2014

FHE


Today for Family Home Evening hunter did the lesson on pioneers.  We found this book at the library with recipes in it to go with the lesson.

So we picked to try the rice and bean recipe

some of the kids liked it and some did not.  Hunter told us towards the end of there trip then they ate a lot of rice and beans because they can not spoil. Then we did corn on the cob

And we BBQ or meats on the grill

They turned out supper yummy.  I was also going to use the bread recipe in the book but it took 2 days to make so I used the bread machine and made my own recipe.
It is all gone so it must of tasted good.
They also had a recipe for ice cream.  When Hunter was telling us the story we could not figure out when they ate it but we tried it any ways.

It was Strawberry ice cream and it had fresh strawberries inside.  I asked the kids if they wanted big chunks of strawberries and they said no so we blended it in the blender.  When grandmere got home she said were are all my fresh strawberries? You blended them?  Why not chunky?
We also found a Blackberry pie  in the on sale rack at smiths. I know that pioneers would pick berries and make things so I thought I would let the kids try it.

Most of them liked it.  Me and Steve know that home made tastes better.  I am glad Hunter took the time to teach the lesson and I think the kids enjoyed eating food that the pioneers had eaten.  Dakota found a video on BYU channel about the Oregon trail that the kids laughed through also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment